Skip to main content

Hidden Gifts

I’ve been thinking a lot about gifts. 


Christmas gifts 


Birthday gifts 


Baby shower gifts 


And most importantly, 


God-given gifts. 


When I pick a gift for someone, it’s because I know what they like, need, or could use. It struck me that God does the same with us. When He gives us gifts, it’s important to remember that we will have opportunities to use them. 


That got me thinking a lot about the gifts God gives us. Specifically, 1 Corinthians 12. We see there that each of us is gifted uniquely. We also see that not everyone has all gifts. 


If that’s the case, what should we do with them? These verses came to mind: 


Mathew 5 13-16 


 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”


So, I started to ask myself the question, what things do I need to make sure I’m not hiding “under a bowl?” 


God gives gifts because He knows we’ll be able to use them for good. But sometimes, it can get hard because we get worried about what others will say. We think if we mess up, we’ll not be able to get back up and try again. 


However, the truth is just the opposite. We’re human. We will make mistakes. We’ll fall, of course. But grace is our chance to try again. 


I don’t have anything profound to say. Simply this: What comes to mind that you believe you shouldn’t be hiding “under a bowl?”


💞, Kelly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inspiration Behind The “Hello Beautiful” Totes

Some of you may have noticed that I have taken a break from the blog. This is because of my new business venture. While the business itself has a story behind it, I wanted to explain the message that one particular tote I’ve created.  Every time I scroll through social media, I see girls & women who seem to seek instant gratification via a post like or comment. It’s completely human to want to be seen by others. It’s the way we go about it that matters.  My inspiration for the “Hello Beautiful” totes came at the beginning of the new year. I wanted to have something that would remind those around me (including myself), that no matter what others say about them, they are beautifully designed.  https://www.facebook.com/boldandnewdesign/ 💗 Kelly 

3 things I sometimes forget hen life is hard

2023 has been tough. It’s challenged me in ways I never expected.  It’s gotten me thinking. We often blame God for bad circumstances and praise Him when things go right. I think there are 3 things we often forget easily:  1. God gives and takes everything with a bigger purpose in mind.  Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” 2. Trials are promised, not something we’re exempt from as Christians.  James 1:2 Testing of Your Faith Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3. Jesus does understand  His death was the most painful kind possible in His time and He was tempted just as we are.  Matthew 4:1 The Temptation of Jesus “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.” That doesn’t mean that trials are fun to go through. It means we need a mindset shift. Instead of being surprised by them we should exp...

How The Blog Got Started

Since I’m a little under the weather today, instead of a typical blog post, I wanted to let you know how @wordsofabelle got started.  ♥️ I started it as a creative outlet in 2018. I wasn’t sure how many people would be reached by it, but I wasn’t concerned with numbers. I wanted to write about things that were on my heart & hoped other people would relate, too.  ♥️ it’s turned into something a lot bigger than I ever thought it may have in its beginnings. I hope it will continue to help me to connect with people on a deeper level in #2020.  ♥️ R E A S O N  There have been many times I’ve felt completely uninspired or unmotivated. But I truly believe I’ve been inspired by God to start this to share my story with others who can benefit from it.  ♥️ F U T U R E  Although I don’t know what’s in store for this in 2020, I hope it continues to reach new lives in new ways.  ♥️ Thank you to everyone who has followed along ...