Skip to main content

Growth


 Last year around this time, I wrote about how 2021 had been a year of learning. I said, “2021 has been a year of learning for me. Learning to trust, learning to let go, learning how to grieve with Christ’s hope, and learning how to have grace on myself while walking through these journeys.“


This time last year I had no clue what 2022 would be like for me. If I had to assign a word to its experiences as I did last year, I’d choose growth. Not only because I’ve grown through what I’d coined as the year of learning. But I’ve also become more aware of the growth in others as well as myself. 


Growth in character, in the understanding of The Word, in willingness to learn new things, and more. 


Training myself to recognize growth in others takes practice for me. It’s one of those things that usually requires me to sit back and observe without saying anything at all, instead of my default. AKA get up and go extroverted self. However, it’s one of the most rewarding things that are 100% worth the time it takes. 


I’ve heard it said that it takes around 200x of a repeated thought pattern for a thought to take root as a belief. Seeing growth in others and pointing it out can help replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Making an all-around more enjoyable environment for everyone who comes in contact with you — That’s something that we all should aim towards. 


We might not see the result of doing so right from the beginning and that’s okay. That’s the way it is with plenty of things in life. Sometimes, it’s the process that brings the most growth & joy. ✨



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inspiration Behind The “Hello Beautiful” Totes

Some of you may have noticed that I have taken a break from the blog. This is because of my new business venture. While the business itself has a story behind it, I wanted to explain the message that one particular tote I’ve created.  Every time I scroll through social media, I see girls & women who seem to seek instant gratification via a post like or comment. It’s completely human to want to be seen by others. It’s the way we go about it that matters.  My inspiration for the “Hello Beautiful” totes came at the beginning of the new year. I wanted to have something that would remind those around me (including myself), that no matter what others say about them, they are beautifully designed.  https://www.facebook.com/boldandnewdesign/ đź’— Kelly 

3 things I sometimes forget hen life is hard

2023 has been tough. It’s challenged me in ways I never expected.  It’s gotten me thinking. We often blame God for bad circumstances and praise Him when things go right. I think there are 3 things we often forget easily:  1. God gives and takes everything with a bigger purpose in mind.  Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” 2. Trials are promised, not something we’re exempt from as Christians.  James 1:2 Testing of Your Faith Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3. Jesus does understand  His death was the most painful kind possible in His time and He was tempted just as we are.  Matthew 4:1 The Temptation of Jesus “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.” That doesn’t mean that trials are fun to go through. It means we need a mindset shift. Instead of being surprised by them we should exp...

How The Blog Got Started

Since I’m a little under the weather today, instead of a typical blog post, I wanted to let you know how @wordsofabelle got started.  ♥️ I started it as a creative outlet in 2018. I wasn’t sure how many people would be reached by it, but I wasn’t concerned with numbers. I wanted to write about things that were on my heart & hoped other people would relate, too.  ♥️ it’s turned into something a lot bigger than I ever thought it may have in its beginnings. I hope it will continue to help me to connect with people on a deeper level in #2020.  ♥️ R E A S O N  There have been many times I’ve felt completely uninspired or unmotivated. But I truly believe I’ve been inspired by God to start this to share my story with others who can benefit from it.  ♥️ F U T U R E  Although I don’t know what’s in store for this in 2020, I hope it continues to reach new lives in new ways.  ♥️ Thank you to everyone who has followed along ...