Skip to main content

Real Talk - Broken Pieces

Most of us feel like we need have it “all together.” While at times it’s true that we need to have composure, it’s important for us to remember that we’re all working at growing ourselves. Some of us may need to be more patient. Some more kind. Or sometimes, giving. 

Sometimes, we have to work on how we are treating another person. Other times, we may need to let God work in us and teach us how to see things that He sees within us. 

Have you ever taken a good look at a mosaic? It has many different sizes and colors of glass. They’re broken pieces that someone without an artistic eye would probably just throw away. However, a person who saw potential in broken, uneven, and stained pieces of glass, made mosaics. 

People are like these pieces. Everyone is different. Different eye color. Different skin tone. Different backgrounds. Different personalities. Even different beliefs. We can tend to look at the outward, without looking at the inward. We can unintentionally make judgements on people by how they look, talk. act, or respond to a certain situation. 


So, the next time you meet someone different, think of them as a mosaic. The sun might be shining through them, or they may be in a dark spot. They may have some pieces that are broken. But we all do. ♥️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inspiration Behind The “Hello Beautiful” Totes

Some of you may have noticed that I have taken a break from the blog. This is because of my new business venture. While the business itself has a story behind it, I wanted to explain the message that one particular tote I’ve created.  Every time I scroll through social media, I see girls & women who seem to seek instant gratification via a post like or comment. It’s completely human to want to be seen by others. It’s the way we go about it that matters.  My inspiration for the “Hello Beautiful” totes came at the beginning of the new year. I wanted to have something that would remind those around me (including myself), that no matter what others say about them, they are beautifully designed.  https://www.facebook.com/boldandnewdesign/ đź’— Kelly 

3 things I sometimes forget hen life is hard

2023 has been tough. It’s challenged me in ways I never expected.  It’s gotten me thinking. We often blame God for bad circumstances and praise Him when things go right. I think there are 3 things we often forget easily:  1. God gives and takes everything with a bigger purpose in mind.  Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” 2. Trials are promised, not something we’re exempt from as Christians.  James 1:2 Testing of Your Faith Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3. Jesus does understand  His death was the most painful kind possible in His time and He was tempted just as we are.  Matthew 4:1 The Temptation of Jesus “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.” That doesn’t mean that trials are fun to go through. It means we need a mindset shift. Instead of being surprised by them we should exp...

How The Blog Got Started

Since I’m a little under the weather today, instead of a typical blog post, I wanted to let you know how @wordsofabelle got started.  ♥️ I started it as a creative outlet in 2018. I wasn’t sure how many people would be reached by it, but I wasn’t concerned with numbers. I wanted to write about things that were on my heart & hoped other people would relate, too.  ♥️ it’s turned into something a lot bigger than I ever thought it may have in its beginnings. I hope it will continue to help me to connect with people on a deeper level in #2020.  ♥️ R E A S O N  There have been many times I’ve felt completely uninspired or unmotivated. But I truly believe I’ve been inspired by God to start this to share my story with others who can benefit from it.  ♥️ F U T U R E  Although I don’t know what’s in store for this in 2020, I hope it continues to reach new lives in new ways.  ♥️ Thank you to everyone who has followed along ...