Skip to main content

Let’s Be Courageous - Carolyn Dissmore


A while back I was honored when asked to do a workshop for our church women.  I had never done this before.  I was terrified! The theme of the day was Fearless. As I was praying, researching, and studying I felt that I would use the term, to be courageous.

How many of us have let opportunities we long to do and are called to do go unfulfilled because of that dreaded word, FEAR?  I will be the first to admit I have! The fear of failure, fear of not measuring up to others, or the fear of being too young or old to be used can sometimes be so strong that we make excuses as why we can't or won't do things we long to do.  And scary things aren't just the big things in life! Sometimes even little things we are asked to do can put fear into us as they take us out of our comfort zones.

Maybe God has been asking you to visit a neighbor and just show His love or even telling your cashier the next time you are in the store that they are truly loved by the Lord! These can be just as scary to do. But God doesn't ask us to do this by ourselves! If He asks us to go He also promises to go with us and give us strength and courage. I used to recite this verse to our children when they were young. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Another verse about being courageous is Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Today, if you have been dreaming of something you would love to accomplish or feel that God has called you to but have not moved forward because of fear, go for it even in your fear! Be courageous! Because in our weakness God will shine forth His greatness and strength through us!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inspiration Behind The “Hello Beautiful” Totes

Some of you may have noticed that I have taken a break from the blog. This is because of my new business venture. While the business itself has a story behind it, I wanted to explain the message that one particular tote I’ve created.  Every time I scroll through social media, I see girls & women who seem to seek instant gratification via a post like or comment. It’s completely human to want to be seen by others. It’s the way we go about it that matters.  My inspiration for the “Hello Beautiful” totes came at the beginning of the new year. I wanted to have something that would remind those around me (including myself), that no matter what others say about them, they are beautifully designed.  https://www.facebook.com/boldandnewdesign/ 💗 Kelly 

3 things I sometimes forget hen life is hard

2023 has been tough. It’s challenged me in ways I never expected.  It’s gotten me thinking. We often blame God for bad circumstances and praise Him when things go right. I think there are 3 things we often forget easily:  1. God gives and takes everything with a bigger purpose in mind.  Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” 2. Trials are promised, not something we’re exempt from as Christians.  James 1:2 Testing of Your Faith Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3. Jesus does understand  His death was the most painful kind possible in His time and He was tempted just as we are.  Matthew 4:1 The Temptation of Jesus “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.” That doesn’t mean that trials are fun to go through. It means we need a mindset shift. Instead of being surprised by them we should exp...

How The Blog Got Started

Since I’m a little under the weather today, instead of a typical blog post, I wanted to let you know how @wordsofabelle got started.  ♥️ I started it as a creative outlet in 2018. I wasn’t sure how many people would be reached by it, but I wasn’t concerned with numbers. I wanted to write about things that were on my heart & hoped other people would relate, too.  ♥️ it’s turned into something a lot bigger than I ever thought it may have in its beginnings. I hope it will continue to help me to connect with people on a deeper level in #2020.  ♥️ R E A S O N  There have been many times I’ve felt completely uninspired or unmotivated. But I truly believe I’ve been inspired by God to start this to share my story with others who can benefit from it.  ♥️ F U T U R E  Although I don’t know what’s in store for this in 2020, I hope it continues to reach new lives in new ways.  ♥️ Thank you to everyone who has followed along ...