Skip to main content

Interview - Liza Proch

Liza Proch, an artist from Texas, graciously gave her time to tell us more about her art, faith, & family. 

What got you started in art? 

I’ve loved art ever since I was little!  My dad is an amazing artist, so being able to learn from him has been a huge gift. I’ve always loved experimenting with new techniques of painting, drawing, and lettering.

Who inspires you to keep going through with your dreams on the tough days? 

My parents and siblings are the best cheerleaders. It’s so neat to be able to encourage each other in our creative pursuits, and inspire each other to push through the hard times!

You're known for your art, but recently got started with "Willow City." Can you tell us more about it? 

Several years ago my three brothers and I realized we loved playing music together, and wanted to share that love with the world. We started Willow City, a pop-folk band, and have loved getting to tour around the U.S. sharing songs and the stories behind them!


What are 3 random facts that people probably don't know about you? 

I’m terrified of armadillos (An armored-rodent type animal that plagues Texas. Haha)
I’ve always been really interested in going to Uganda. 
I’ve always wanted a baby deer as a pet.

What do you want people to go away with after reading/hearing your content?

Inspiration. Each of us has unique qualities, and I think it’s so easy to get off track by comparing ourselves to others. I want to inspire others to use their gifts to glorify our Creator.
What's your favorite Bible verse & why?
Matthew 11:28-30: these verse are amazing! Such an incredible reminder from Jesus that, although life won’t always be easy, He promises to walk with us, teach us, guide us, carry us. And that’s with every moment of up-hill climbing!

Favorite color? 

Blush!

Favorite restaurant? 

Torchy’s Tacos!

A special thanks to Liza for her time & energy put into these questions! 

To check out Liza's art & see what she's up to, follow her on Instagram @lizaproch


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inspiration Behind The “Hello Beautiful” Totes

Some of you may have noticed that I have taken a break from the blog. This is because of my new business venture. While the business itself has a story behind it, I wanted to explain the message that one particular tote I’ve created.  Every time I scroll through social media, I see girls & women who seem to seek instant gratification via a post like or comment. It’s completely human to want to be seen by others. It’s the way we go about it that matters.  My inspiration for the “Hello Beautiful” totes came at the beginning of the new year. I wanted to have something that would remind those around me (including myself), that no matter what others say about them, they are beautifully designed.  https://www.facebook.com/boldandnewdesign/ 💗 Kelly 

3 things I sometimes forget hen life is hard

2023 has been tough. It’s challenged me in ways I never expected.  It’s gotten me thinking. We often blame God for bad circumstances and praise Him when things go right. I think there are 3 things we often forget easily:  1. God gives and takes everything with a bigger purpose in mind.  Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” 2. Trials are promised, not something we’re exempt from as Christians.  James 1:2 Testing of Your Faith Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3. Jesus does understand  His death was the most painful kind possible in His time and He was tempted just as we are.  Matthew 4:1 The Temptation of Jesus “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.” That doesn’t mean that trials are fun to go through. It means we need a mindset shift. Instead of being surprised by them we should exp...

The Scoop - Katie Leigh Interview

I'm so excited to share this throwback interview I did with Katie Leigh in August of 2017!   I am so excited I can finally reveal this "surprise" I've known about for less than 24 hours. I like to keep secrets, but this one is too exciting for aio fans not to share!   In 7 days is the Get in the Show finale event for Adventures in Odyssey. A huge thank you to Katie Leigh - Voice Actor, for taking the time for this. 🙌🏻. She wanted to share her thoughts on the finale event with YOU!  Here's what she had to say in response to my questions:  1. What are you most looking forward to about this Event and why?  I am looking forward to working/performing with he contestants and meeting their families as well the people coming out for the contest. I love meeting the fans. 2. If there was 1 thing you could tell people as to why they should/would want to be a part of this event, what would you say to them? I would say, these kids are working hard...